I hope you and your family are doing well. As you know Halloween is just around the corner. I have a few tips to keep your pets safe. 

Halloween Hazards

The most common holiday-related problems we see are:

  • Dogs and cats getting out when the door opens or pets that run way when frightened by the strange noises and chants.
  • Chocolate toxicity or gastrointestinal upset. Chocolate is toxic and lollipop and candy-apple sticks can get stuck in an animal’s throat or perforate the stomach or bowels. Also, wrappers can be ingestion and become stuck in the intestinal tract. 
  • Candles are beautiful but can be knocked over by pets causing burns or fires.
  • If you dress up your pet, make sure they don’t overheat.