Flea, tick and mosquito season is here! The ticks appear to be very bad this year. We are seeing both dogs and cats every single day come in with many ticks and fleas.
I carefully researched all the latest flea, tick and heartworm prevention medications. There are a variety of products on the market and it was important for us to choose products that work well and are also very safe. After a lot of discussion and research, we picked some excellent products. One new flea and tick collar we started carrying is called “Seresto”. We used this product here last year and it worked great! Seresto® is a unique polymer matrix collarthat offers a continuous supply of two active ingredients, imidacloprid and flumethrin, for effective 8-month protection against fleas and ticks. That’s one convenient, non-greasy, odorless flea and tick collar instead of 8 monthly topical skin treatments.
By the way – the manufacturer is offering a $15.00 rebate on every collar purchased through our clinic!
The active ingredients are stored within the collar. They are released in low concentrations and are distributed over your dog’s hair and skin surface for 8 months. As most other product active ingredients wear off over time, Seresto® for dogs continuously replenishes the skin and coat with a new supply of active ingredients. Fleas and ticks are killed through contact with the active ingredients — no biting required.
Here are the key benefits to the Serestos® collar:
- Less hassle, no mess. The Seresto® collar is non-greasy, and helps avoid the hassle of applying monthly treatments.
- Easy to use. Application is easy. Seresto® takes minutes to adjust on your dog or cat and provides treatment that lasts 8 months.
- Designed for dogs and cats. The Seresto® cat and small dog collar has a two-way release feature that allows your pet to get out of tight spots.
- Fleas don’t have to bite to die. Seresto® works through contact, killing and repelling fleas that can cause painful bites.
- Protection against ticks. Seresto® kills and repels ticks, too. And if a tick is repelled, it can’t attach and transmit diseases.
- Less stress. With 8 months of continuous protection, you don’t have to worry about monthly treatments – easier on you and your dog.
- Water Resistant*. No need to remove the collar before swimming or bathing dogs.
Besides this collar, we have a variety of other excellent flea, tick and heartworm prevention medications in oral and topical formulations if you prefer those formats. We’re committed to your pet’s health and wellness and are here to help you keep your pet as healthy as possible. Please let us know how we can help you.
Doug Wagner, DVM
Granville Veterinary Clinic
P.S. If you have further questions about the online pharmacy or anything else, please contact us at 740-587-1129.